3 Tips To Supercharge Your New Patient Calls
We cannot overemphasize how important it is to provide a positive patient experience.
When it comes to patient experience, the relationship is everything.
This time-tested adage is still spot-on: “First impressions are the most lasting.”
Your staff should strive to create a positive, memorable experience even before the patient visits your dental practice.
When a new patient calls in to get information about your services or even to see if your clinic accepts their dental insurance, here are some of our suggestions on how your receptionist should handle this call:
1. Learn more about the patient
Rather than settle for the usual 5-minute exchange of information, you should take a little time to learn more about the new patient.
- Ask them how they heard about your practice
- Find out how they’re doing and what they’re looking for
- Learn what’s important to them!
Engaging your patients with “small talk” builds trust and demonstrates that you care.
2. Be attentive and enthusiastic
While gathering a patient’s information and the conventional details, ensure that you achieve a light, pleasant tone.
- Personalize the conversation by calling the patient by their name (e.g., Mr. Lee)
- Talk to them in a welcoming and friendly tone
- End the call with: “We are looking forward to meeting you …. OR We are excited to meet you on….”
Demonstrating how excited your team is to have them as a new patient will help the new patient to feel welcome.
3. Build value for the practice
Every interaction with a patient is an opportunity to create additional value.
- Explain to new patients how your practice is different from the others.
- Assure them that they’ve found the right place.
These few customer service tips can supercharge your new patient experience.
For in-depth resources, check out our Premium Dental Practice Training courses.
- Conveying a Welcoming, Professional Image
- Ensuring An Excellent New Patient Experience, and
- Providing Exceptional Customer Service
About NGT Academy
We are one of the very few turnkey-Learning Management System providers that specializes in the dental industry. Currently, with a library of more than 30 courses created for dental teams, our eLearning platform is one of the easiest to use. Simultaneously, eLearning typically costs at least 30% less than conventional training making for a truly efficient solution for your dental organization.
Do you want to learn more? Contact us for more information or schedule a demo