Employee Training & Development: a High-Yield Investment in your Dental Practice
Do you think that offering training opportunities to your dental practice employees is a waste of money that will only result in your staff moving on to other jobs? According to the Society for Human Resources Management (SHRM), research has shown that the opposite is true—providing development opportunities for employees actually reduces staff turnover. SHRM goes on to say that “Employee development is almost universally recognized as a strategic tool for an organization’s continuing growth, productivity and ability to retain valuable employees.” They also note that training is necessary to remain competitive. We couldn’t agree more, as we’ve seen the remarkable changes that training can have in dental practices. Training is definitely a worthwhile investment in dental office success.
In fact, an analysis by the Association for Talent Development on the return on investment from training yielded some startling statistics. They found that businesses that offer comprehensive training programs have 218% higher income per employee than companies that lack training programs. These companies also have 24% higher profit margins.
Following are some additional benefits. Providing employee training and development opportunities:
- promotes a growth and improvement orientation. When your practice staff are regularly learning new content, they are more likely to adopt a growth and improvement outlook in their work.
- boosts employee engagement. This, in turn, improves motivation, job satisfaction, and morale.
- reduces staff turnover. When employees are engaged, learning, and happy at work, they’re less likely to leave.
- reduces practice risk. Training in areas such as HIPAA, labor laws, and safety practices is an essential risk reduction tactic for dental practices.
- improves performance. When your dental practice team learns skills such as management or customer service, it lifts all boats: your employees are happier and they create a more welcoming environment for your patients.
- fosters excellent customer service. When employees are happier and more engaged, that goodwill filters down into excellent customer service for your patients.
Following are examples of the types of benefits of different types of training:
- New patient conversion
- Retention of existing patients
Optimal Operational Systems Training
- Scheduling strategies that increase production/revenue
- Improved efficiency
- Effective management of insurance
- Development of useful employee manuals to ensure consistent performance among all staff
- Tactics to attract and retain top talent
- Cultivation of a positive organizational culture
- Successful strategic planning to improve and grow your practice
- Practice risk reduction (e.g., ensuring your practice isn’t violating labor laws)
- Effective employee performance evaluation system to develop employees to their full potential
Management and Leadership Training
- Cultivation of a winning mindset in your employees
- Adoption of treatment presentation approaches that work
- Increased employee engagement, which boosts productivity and reduces staff turnover
- Development of high-performing teams
If you’re still not convinced, see if the following information changes your outlook. In 2018, workers quit their jobs at the highest rate in 17 years. And that trend is not expected to change. A 2019 Workforce Learning Report by LinkedIn showed that a whopping 94% of employees said that they would stay with their employer if the business would just invest in learning opportunities for them.
Bolster the success of your dental practice and reduce the expense and hassle of staff turnover by offering your employees the chance to improve their skills. Check our catalog with complete series of courses for your staff.
We offer cost-effective, yearly memberships that give access to all our courses and training accounts for multiple team members. These courses reflect our many years of dental industry experience. Here’s what makes our courses different.
- We teach crucial, practical skills that will make your practice thrive.
- Our courses challenge your staff with realistic scenarios to boost their skills.
- Each course we offer takes only 30 minutes to complete. This means your employees will be able to learn and become a highly skilled member of your practice quickly.
- Our courses are interactive, which sparks engagement and increases retention of new knowledge.
- Every course has a downloadable summary that your staff can keep handy.
- And much more.
If you would like to learn more about the plans we offer, reply to this email.