DENTAL RECEPTION BASICS
- Develop stellar dental reception skills that foster job security
- Be able to model optimal behavior for other front office staff
- Develop a clear understanding of how to proceed in routine situations so that you’re not wondering whether you did the right thing or not
- For practice managers, acquire skills and knowledge that will help you document and share with other front office staff protocols for handling common patient interactions
- Learn how to comply with HIPAA regulations, which apply to all types of healthcare organization
- Receive a resume-building certificate of completion to certify your skills, giving you a competitive edge in the job market
Are you new to the dental industry? or maybe you need to sharpen your skills a bit? Check out this mastery course specially designed to get you the skills that you need to be successful as a dental receptionist.
HUMAN RESOURCES FOR DENTAL PRACTICES
- 3 Main areas of human resources management and its functions.
- The human resources manager reach and influence inside of an organization
- The most common challenges and best practices in a dental practice
- The role of human resource manager and or practice manager in shaping organization culture
- Best practices for recruiting, staffing, on-boarding and training employees
- The importance of strategic thinking
- Get organized with protocols, operations manual and other important documentation for your practice
One of the key components of a practice manager role is human resources. This course will give you all the information that you need to get organized. You will be able apply it in your day to day and become a more effective human resources manager.
TREATMENT ACCEPTANCE MASTERY
- Develop strategies that help you to increase treatment acceptance by patients
- Overcome patient objections to treatment in ways that preserve relationships
- Become more comfortable managing discussions about treatment
- Acquire indispensable skills that help boosting dental office revenue
- Improve the oral health of your patients by helping to propel them toward the treatment they need
- Learn about different communication styles and;
- Understand how patients with different communication styles like treatments presented to them.
When a patient fails to commit to recommended treatment, do you and other dental clinic colleagues just think, “well, that’s that!”? If so, you’re missing out on a golden opportunity to increase production and revenue, while also enhancing your patients’ oral health.